A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer when you access certain websites. Among other things, cookies allow a website to store and retrieve information about your browsing habits or your device and, depending on the information it contains and the way you use your computer, may be used to recognize you.
Cookies are essential for the operation of the Internet, providing countless benefits for the provision of interactive services, and facilitating the navigation and usability of our website.
The information that we provide below will help you understand the different types of cookies:
TYPES OF COOKIES
DEPENDING ON THE ENTITY IN CHARGE
- First-party cookies: These are collected by the editor to provide the service requested by the user.
- Third-party cookies: These are collected and managed by a third party, so they cannot be considered as first-party.
DEPENDING ON THE TIME ENABLED
- Session cookies: These collect data while the user is browsing the website in order to provide the requested service.
- Persistent cookies: These are stored in the terminal and the information obtained will be used by the entity in charge of the cookie to provide the requested service.
DEPENDING ON THEIR PURPOSE
- Technical cookies: These are necessary for users to efficiently browse the website.
- Personalization cookies: These enable the characteristics (language) for the user to browse the website.
- Analytic cookies: These give the provider an analysis of the user's browsing behavior in order to monitor the use of the website and to produce statistics about the most visited content, number of visitors, etc.
- Advertising cookies: These allow the editor to include advertising space on the website, according to its content.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: These allow the editor to include advertising space on the website according to the information obtained through the user's browsing habits.
Necessary cookies help make a website usable, activating basic functions such as page